Last Updated: May 22, 2018
The Women Vets on Point website (‘WVoP”) provides information about mental health and accessing services for women who have served in the military, including active duty, reserve, and National Guard troop. Their families, health care providers and members of the public can also access WVoP. Our staff members are skilled at listening and responding to questions received through email or the WVoP’s “chat” feature provided by LiveChat. Visitors can directly inquire with WVoP staff about resources available to them. The staff person will assist the visitor and direct the visitor to the most relevant federal, state, and/or local organizations dedicated to treating and preventing mental illness.
WVoP is maintained and monitored by Education Development Center, Inc., with functional support by Reingold Communications, for the U.S. Veterans Initiative. It is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in Federal court.
How WVoP Collects and Uses Information
If you send WVoP an e-mail or a message via LiveChat, your identity and the contents of your message are covered by the Privacy Act. Be assured that:
- The staffs of U.S. Veterans Initiative (U.S. VETS) and Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC) will not share the content of the information that you provide with any unauthorized third parties.
- We do not create individual profiles with the e-mail or Chat information you provide.
- The e-mail or chat content, including your e-mail address and/or name will in no way be correlated or linked to so-called “cookies,” which are described below. This holds true in every case except when there is a Court Order for their release.
- We do not collect information about you for commercial purposes, including marketing, or sell it for any reason.
We will use the information you share with us via email and LiveChat to:
- Consider your suggestions for improving WVoP and our community.
- To respond directly to you for clarification, or to answer your question to the best of the respondent staff person’s ability.
Links to Third Parties
WVoP may provide the services of, or contain links and features owned and operated by, third-party online properties, such as, but not limited to, LiveChat. Such third parties have their own policies that govern their collection, use, and disclosure of information. We suggest that you read their privacy policies to learn about their practices before using the third party services provided by WVoP.
WVoP also uses the third-party analytics vendor, Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors.
Safeguarding your Personally Identifiable Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative measures in place to safeguard the security of your personal information. However, when you communicate with WVoP staff via email or chat on our website, these communications may not be encrypted. For that reason, we ask that you do not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
WVoP is a general audience site. We do not permit anyone under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13.
Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the Internet.