In this video you’ll learn about:
- The beginnings of Yaying’s depression during AIT as well as experiences common to many who have served such as bad dreams, suicidal thoughts, and sense of permanence about her bad feelings.
- Yaying’s reasons for joining the military
- The benefits Yaying experienced as a result of therapy including a new vision for the future, a sense of being able to pursue other dreams, and a plan for achieving her goals.
- Yaying’s perspective on some of the barriers to treatment, including perceptions about “who counts as a veteran” based on discharge status, etc.
- How Yaying found hope and encouragement by getting connected to the resources she needed.